Thursday, December 18, 2008

Abbyism

For a long time Abby has always enjoyed playing in the bathroom while Stefan or I take a shower. Until recently, she'd keep herself preoccupied with the toys in the tub or brush her teeth or wash her hands so she was quite distracted from the nudity in the shower stall. Now she will sit on the potty and watch. I don't worry about it mostly because the glass of the shower door gets so steamed that I'm sure she cannot see anything she shouldn't.

Last night Stefan was taking a shower and Abby creeped in. I remained downstairs watching TV when all of a sudden Abby came downstairs traumatized and screaming with real tears streaming down her face. I asked what was the matter and she said that she saw Daddy's butt. After I calmed her down, we went upstairs and Stefan was already dressed with a look of embarrassment on his face. I began to tell him about Abby's problem and he said he knew. He then asked Abby where his butt was and she said "In your pants!" and pointed to the front of his pajama pants. Oops! I guess it's time for the toddler to not play in the bathroom while we take showers.

FYI - she also points to her chest and calls that a butt too.

No comments: