Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April Fools

Lexi was looking forward to April Fools Day justifying her excitement with the explanation that it is the funniest day of the year. I came home from school today to the usual frantic tellings of the day's events from both Lexi and Abby. Before I got too settled in Stefan told Lexi that he thought I might want some cereal. Lexi came over with a smile on her face like the cat who ate the mouse and asked if I wanted some cereal. Confused, I looked at Stefan for the answer I was expected to give. He nodded yes so I told Lexi that yes indeed I would like some cereal. She asked me which cereal I would like and I told her Frosted Flakes. I was instructed to take down the box and look inside by Lexi whose voice was swelling with excitement only to find that the twirp had switched the bags inside the boxes so Fruity Pebbles were in the Frosted Flakes box and vice versa. "April Fools!!!!" she screamed. She was obviously pleased with herself.

No comments: