Monday, August 11, 2008

Better Late Than Never: Lexi's First Day of 1st Grade

I'm behind on posting pictures. Lexi's first day, as I'm sure many of you want to know, was a success. She woke up with a smile on her face excited to put on her dress that she picked out weeks before for the occasion. Of course, Abby didn't want to miss the action so she got up too. I helped Lexi get dressed and did her hair the way she wanted (pigtails). Not to be left out, Abby too wanted to get dressed and get HER hair done. All the while Stefan was cooking the (what has become annual tradition) first day breakfast of pancakes.

Per her request, Lexi wanted us to take her on the first day which we were happy to oblige.





Once at school, she was fine until she entered her classroom. That is when she became pretty shy and was resistant to let us leave - I mean the chin trembling looking like she was ready to come unglued-type shy She had not done this in kindergarten or Pre-K, so this was kind of weird for us. Eventually, the teacher helped us with our exit by distracting Lexi's attention and we were off!





On the way out of the school Abby looked at me and asked, "Where's Sissy?" I explained that Sissy was at school. "Oh," she not-so-convincingly replied. All day long Abby continued with the same question, getting the same answer, and giving the same not-so-convincing reply.





And the same routing continued the next day.





When will this stop? Knowing Abby's persistent nature, it will go on until next Summer. I hope my nerves can take it!

No comments: