Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Need to Get Back in the Swing of Things

Okay, okay. I haven't blogged in forever and, looking back at my most "recent" posts, they're definitely lacking the same flavor as before. In my defense, school has blown up in my face. It's not so bad this semester, but last semester really took its toll on me...and the blog.

Don't get me wrong, there has been plenty to blog about. The girls have been up to their normal crazy antics and give me good material. I just am having a hard time figuring out what I need to catch up on. I think I've come to the conclusion that this past month and a half will have to be a mystery and to just start from today forward. But then I think that Christmas has passed and I don't like that plan much. Maybe I'll just post the pictures and let that be that...when I can locate the card with Christmas on it. Darn digital cameras!!!

Something worth mentioning is that we are one family member less. Brandi, my yorkie, started behaving badly and attacking Cassi. We tried to keep them separated, but that was driving us all crazy. Apparently, she decided to fight for dominance after 8 years of being inferior to Cassi. I don't know what brought this on but it was bad. We found a local family that wanted a dog to love and she is now their princess. We still get email updates about her which is a blessing and I curse. I still miss her. In fact, her Christmas stocking remained on the mantel throughout Christmas because I couldn't bring myself to take it down. It still seems so surreal.

Stefan is still running his business as our main support since being laid off in May. Since we didn't see this coming, we didn't plan for the winter like we should have. But our families have stepped up and helped us. They've really helped in every sense and we are so grateful for them.

Anyway, I hope this is the beginning of more regular posts. I will definitely try to get back in the habit.

No comments: