Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I love Valentine's Day!!!!

We celebrated Valentine's Day one day early mostly because I wanted the girls to have their gifts for tomorrow and I wanted them to open them together. With Stefan's wacky work schedule, only one of us gets up with them in the morning while the other sleeps in. Tomorrow is one of my days to raise at first crow. If Stefan wanted to watch them open their gifts, they'd have to wait until after school. No fair!!!! So, for the aforementioned reasons they got their gifts today. They each got a pair of Cinderella Crocs with cute Jibbitz to adorn them and crayons, and Lexi got a soccer shirt while Abby got socks. They were thrilled and threw their Crocs on their feet immediately.

I got Stefan some Under Armour shirts--one for cold weather and one for warm weather--to wear under his armored riding jacket. This was something he just mentioned in passing when he first started riding because a coworker highly recommended it. They're pricey and he would never splurge, but after hearing him complain about the jacket sticking to him this summer, I thought it would be nice for him to have (especially when the weather warms up). He didn't remember telling me about this so long ago and was amazed I would think about it. I should've taken all the credit for my creativity but I told him that he did in fact tell me months and months ago.

Finally, and in my opinion the best of all, Stefan got me/the whole family tickets to Medieval Times for this Saturday! Within the last year we finally got a local location and I keep forgetting about its existence until I see a commercial for it. The commercial came on the other night and I mentioned I'd like to go again and Stefan took that idea and ran with it for Valentine's Day. The last time we went to something like this was the first time we went to Gatlinburg for our winter getaway. It was Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede and I couldn't help but think that Lexi would love that. With Abby being the animal lover she is, I'm certain she'll love it too. Can you tell I'm excited?!?!

No comments: