Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lexism of the week

I have been fighting a cold for about a week. For that matter, so has Stefan. Last Thursday my first class was canceled and it didn't take a whole lot of convincing to stay home and rest up. After Stefan left for work and Abby laid down for her afternoon nap, I decided to rest my weary eyes. Meanwhile Lexi was hard at work. Prior to my nap she went through all of Abby's pretend groceries asking me if I liked this food or that food. I had no idea what she was up to. Anyway, when I woke up she surprised me with all the tools to take care of her sniffling Mommy.

First, she surprised me with a gift...



...which turned out to be a pair of slippers and all the groceries I said that I liked.



Then she made me dinner...

...which consisted of Peanut M&Ms in a bowl on a plate in a baking pan (which I'm sure resembled a "breakfast-in-bed tray" in her mind) and she squirted some apple white grape juice from a juice box into a cup (because she's not allowed to pour from the bulk-sized bottles we by from BJs). Notice it is all in her plastic dishes? Because she's not allowed to handle our glass dishes. So thoughtful!!!

All of this was well and good, but what I really needed was this...


But that's not all. She proceeded to set up a "sick bed" for me in Daddy's recliner. She pulled an ottoman up to it and placed a box of tissues as well as a jar candle to keep me warm.



Finally she dragged out a blanket and draped it over the chair, but Abby decided this was for her and not me.



What a great little nurse...and yes, I did feel a little bit better afterward.

No comments: