Monday, April 21, 2008

Lexism of the week

After dance, I usually run through the drive thru at the McDonald's by our house. I had placed our normal order and proceeded in line and began to dig in my purse for a means with which to pay when I realized that no such means existed. I had no cash, no check card, not even a credit card. We had to drive away. "They're still working on our order!" Lexi proclaimed. I then had to introduce her to basic Economics 101 explaining that you have to pay for stuff that you expect to receive from a business and that food is not free unless you have a coupon which we didn't. "I wish McDonald's was giving away food today," Lexi pouted.

About a week later we were all at Zaxby's and Lexi said out of nowhere, "We need to come back here tomorrow!"

I was confused. Stefan was confused. "Why?" we asked.
"Because that sign says 'Free Lunch Tomorrow'!"

Again another Economics 101 lesson was taught. We explained that the sign was there everyday--that it was a joke. Realizing she had been fooled, Lexi laughed. Now, whenever she sees a similar sign she points it out and the fact that it's a "trick sign".

No comments: