Sunday, April 06, 2008

Spring Break!!!!

Lexi is officially on Spring Break. She has quite the eventful break from her studies. She'll have a sleepover with her Nana and Papaw Monday night. On Tuesday, she and her nana will go to a puppet show. She'll then have a couple of days at home which I'm sure will feel like eternity to her as she will be looking forward to what is coming next.

Since this is in the midst of Stefan's supposed busy season (I say supposed because he has only worked a week and a half of overtime) he's not allowed to take any time off. I seized the opportunity to plan a Girls Only! trip to visit our ex-neighbors and good friends, the Todds, in North Carolina. Normally I wouldn't brave a roadtrip alone with the girls but it just so happens that my local friend, Jen, takes frequent trips to North Carolina to visit a friend of hers. I called Jen to see if she'd be up for a trip over Spring Break and it just so happened that her North Carolinian friend had just called the night before asking if she'd go there for a weekend in March or April. This works out perfectly. I have adult company in the car who can also hand stuff back to the girls while I drive. She'll ride with us up there and we'll meet her friend at some halfway point between the places where we are staying (which are only 45 minutes apart).

Now a little about the Todds....
They used to live directly behind us. Diane is one of the sweetest, most sincere people you will ever meet. Her husband, Will, is in the Army and currently serving a tour of duty. They have a daughter, Mary, who is a bit younger than Lexi but they get along famously. They also have a son, Wilson, who just turned one a couple of months ago and I haven't seen him since he was a newborn. We're excited. I miss Diane. Lexi misses Mary. And I'm curious to see how Abby and Wilson will get along.

Ok, ok. I admit it. I'm excited too.

What's Stefan going to do while we're gone? He's already told me not to check the mileage on his bike. Hopefully, he will be able to get some riding time in considering the weather is supposed to be rainy on Saturday.

No comments: