Monday, September 08, 2008

Wow!

I knew that this semester was going to be a pain in the neck, but I didn't think it would be this bad. Every waking moment of free time I have is spent on schoolwork or I fall seriously behind. I supposedly have Wednesdays off, but the majority of that is spent on laundry, or catching up on schoolwork, or doing other things to keep life going. It's quite exhausting!
If I'm being completely honest here, I would say that I have my doubts that I will be very successful this semester at all. I'm very intimidated by the assignment load and the fact that a lot of my success lies in the hands of two people - my supervisor at KSU and the teacher I am working with in the field. If there's a glitch in the relationship I have with either of them, I could be done for as far as my career as a teacher. No pressure, really.
In other news, Stefan and I celebrated our 8th anniversary. Holy cow! I cannot believe it has been that long! It's been good though. I couldn't have asked for a better partner in life than what I found in him.
Lexi and Abby are doing phenomenally well. Lexi's school year is going great. She's still excited about homework every week which I'm sure will fade with time, but it's enjoyable for now to see her thirst for knowledge. She has scored 100% on all but 1 spelling test so far (the one she didn't, she got a 98%) which is funny because she seems to be following in my foot steps. When I was in first grade, I scored 100% on all of my spelling tests and all but one of my pretests (I forgot the apostrophe in don't). Her birthday is around the bend which means that the requests for gifts are beginning to roll in. Ugh!
Abby is in a funny phase. Over Labor Day weekend, we tried the big girl panties in hopes that she'd potty train. She loves the panties, but refuses to actually go on the potty. So, I guess we're back at square one with this one.









Tonight, she "helped" Stefan cook dinner. She really enjoys being in the kitchen. What really shocked us was when she set the table for dinner tonight without being asked. We were pretty shocked!
I have tons of pictures from things we've been up to lately. I'll upload them the next time I get some time.

No comments: