Thursday, December 06, 2007

Catching up

I hadn't realized it had been so long since my last post. Not that you all are interested as to why my presence has been lacking, but I'll explain. Thanksgiving was great. This year we spent the holiday with Stefan's family. His mom organized a family reunion which brought in Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, and Grandma Roz from all corners of the country. It was so nice to be able to see everyone together. I think the last time we all were was at mine and Stefan's wedding seven years ago. We came close last year when we attended Stefan's cousin's wedding in Texas, but Faron was unable to attend.

As always Thanksgiving coincides with the end of the semester for me. I didn't have any finals per say, but I had a ton of projects to do one of which was a non-traditional research paper on Henry VIII for my "Teaching Writing to Adolescents" class. I had to enlist the help of my longtime friend of 15 years, Jen, to help me with that one as she is a scrapbooking genius and I was able to put the project together like it was a scrapbook/compilation of Henry's history written from His son's, Edward VI, perspective. It turned out great and I'm very proud of it.

I also got my Christmas present early so I'd be able to enjoy it while I'm on break. Okay, so maybe my normal time for blogging has been eaten up with trying to figure this thing out. Speaking of Christmas, I found a great advent calendar for the girls this year which has Lexi super excited. Then, one day she comes home from school asking why she doesn't have an elf that visits her from the North Pole. This apparently came up on the playground with one of her classmates who has one. I went to the store and got one to start the tradition on Dec. 1. It came with a book explaining how everything is supposed to work and she named her elf, Bill. She is so cute about this.

I've been falling apart lately. Well, okay...it's my left hand mostly. I sprained my pinky somehow and as if that wasn't bad enough, I blistered my thumb on a pizza pan when I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing removing it from the oven. I then got a rash on my ring finger from water getting trapped under my wedding ring which was only made worse when I tried to remove the ring to take a better look. So then I was down to only two fingers on that hand that were undamaged. Well, this morning I was coming down the stairs and whacked my hand on the top in between my thumb and pointer finger and it has been in agonizing pain since. So now I'm down to only my middle finger that isn't hurting. Imagine that!

No comments: