Saturday, June 07, 2008

Busy, busy

Last night the girls had a sleepover at Nana and Papaw's. They had a picnic dinner and played at a playground which I gather was pretty darn fun. Meanwhile, Stefan rode his bike about 200 miles with my dad. They went to Suches, GA and back. While he was gone, I read a book (something he teases me about because I can knock out a 250 page book in one day). When he came home, we primped for an adult night of adult drinks and karaoke. We met up with some friends of ours that we don't get to hang out with much anymore and it was a ton of fun!

Being without kids, we were able to sleep in this morning. What a welcomed relief! Stefan slept until 9 and proceeded to do yard work. I insisted on seizing the opportunity and forced myself to stay asleep until 11 (which was a challenge with all the humming of lawn equipment outside). Once fully awake, we went up to the pool to help out with the neighborhood pool party. Lexi and Abby were dropped off at 12:30 and Stefan splashed with them in the pool while I continued to help with the food aspect of the party. I met a lot of new people and enjoyed the company. The pool party lasted 3 hours and I served the entire time. Once home, I realized that I neglected a very crucial point...sunblock! I am burnt! My face is red, my shoulders are red, and I have two thick white stripes across the top of my feet from my sandals.

Tonight, we are going to Zoo Atlanta for a Northside Atlanta NICU Baby Alumni Club reunion. This will be the first one we've gone to since our little miracle graduated. We're kind of hoping to see some of her doctors and nurses there. There will be face painting and all sorts of things for the kids. I'm sure they'll have fun. I'll post some pics later, but for now...I have to put myself together since I'm nasty from being in the heat.

No comments: