Sunday, June 01, 2008

Lexism of the week

My mother-in-law, Barbara, has paid her dues and is officially retired from teaching. We are all very happy for her and are curious to see what she will do with her newfound freedom. Saturday night, she and Dennis had a retirement party at their house. At first we were going to try to find a sitter for the kids, but that proved more difficult than expected. Then we considered taking the kids although that option was not very appealing. At the last minute we were able to get a sitter and went to the celebration kidless. Lexi, fully aware of the party, asked me when we were getting ready to take her to the sitter what type of party Nana was having. I told her that it was a retirement party. She asked what 'retirement' means and I explained that it meant that Nana would not have to go to work again. She pondered this for a minute and then said, "I'm retiremented from Kindergarten!!" Cute.

No comments: