Sunday, October 14, 2007

I've Got Friends in Low Places

I have a budding friendship that is a source of amusement of sorts for Stefan. This friend is the mom of Lexi's best friend from Pre-K, Savannah. Her name is Julie and although she is 3 years my junior, we have too much in common to the point that Stefan has sworn that we were twins separated at birth. Evidence follows...

- Lexi and Savannah were born exactly one week apart.

- When Lexi and I went to Savannah's birthday party last year, Julie and I were both wearing navy tee shirts and jeans and our hair was cut and colored identically.

- We both thought that nursing was kinda gross with our first children, but gave it a shot with our second born, Abby (17 months) and Phoebe (4 months).

- While I am a Senior at KSU pursuing a teaching certificate for Middle Grades Education for Math and Language Arts, she also had pursued the same degree.

- We both drove Nissan Altimas until the births of our second children in which our cars became our husband's cars while we both got mammoth SUVs.

- We have similar tastes in music. The only non-recent song on my Zune is Jagged Little Pill by Alanis Morisette and that is Julie's only grown up CD in her car.

- We watch many of the same shows--some that I would never admit to anyone else that I actually take the time to watch.

- We have similar tastes in books. In fact, one of my favorite authors, Nicholas Sparks, penned a book that Julie is now reading and she informed me that he has twin daughters name...Lexie and Savannah.

- She was in search of a new hairdresser and was considering going to a friend's girlfriend that he bragged up to her. It turns out that said hairdresser is the one I've been seeing for a year.

- We both married New Yorkers. Her husband, Jeff, is from Buffalo and Stefan is from Long Island.

I could go on, but this is starting to freak me out. It's weird how certain people drop into your life and you feel like you've known them for years but I am glad that Julie and I have become friends.

No comments: