Sunday, October 14, 2007

Proof There are Good People in the World

Today, Stefan and I took the girls to the mall for some necessities. When we got the mall, I put my purse among other things in the stroller basket. When we stopped in the Food Court for a quick bite to eat, I had removed my purse from the basket. We ate and continued with our shopping. When I went to pay at the next store, I realized my purse was not in the stroller. I retraced my steps in my mind and realized that I left my purse hanging on the back of the chair in the Food Court. I left Stefan and the girls in the store while I went to track down my purse.

I returned to the Food Court and began questioning the various workers about its whereabouts to no avail. I approached one worker whose job it was to clean the tables in the area that I left it. I said to her, "If I left a purse on the back of a chair and someone found it and turned it in, where would I go?" She then ushered me to follow her. I thought I was in luck until she directed me to high chairs. Not exactly what I was looking for, lady.

After asking many other people and being led to various offices and whatnot I was getting desperate. I remembered that the custodial staff had a office/storage room near the public bathrooms. I went there and staked it out until someone came out. I was asking that person if they had found my purse when someone overheard me and directed me to Guest Services.

When I arrived at Guest Services inquiring about my bag, the woman started asking identifying questions that I promptly and hopefully answered. Finally, when my answers reached her satisfaction, she produced my purse. She then asked me if I had any idea who turned it in to which I said, "No." She informed me that it was a fellow shopper. Not only did this person turn in my purse, but all the contents were still inside. I wanted to thank this shopper profusely, but apparently it is not protocol to take down the information of good samaritans (sp?). So, to the person who turned in my purse...thank you. Whoever you are.

No comments: