Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Lexi Is 6...AND Student of the Month!!!!

Current mood: Prouder than words can express

Where does the time go? Quite cliche, I know. I can't believe another year has passed since Lexi's last birthday but alas it's true. She's become such a big girl and I couldn't be prouder. In the last year she has become a reader, a dancer, a soccer all-star... I could go on. Seriously I could.

Yesterday was her birthday. I was seriously ill in the morning with a stomach bug.
Fortunately it cleared up in time for me to muster up the courage and energy to take her some cupcakes during lunch to celebrate with her class. Then, when she came home, she ran into the house wanting to open her presents screeching the entire time (as any 6 year old would do) as she ripped open each package.





This is a video of the one she was most excited about, a Penguin Pokemon character named Piplup.



Piplup! I think I'm going to watch this (Barbie as the Island Princess) movie with her. Cause this is the best. I think I'm going to name her Piplup. Cause that's the name.

In all the commotion, she neglected some big news. Apparently, she was named Student of the Month. We didn't find out until a certificate came home in her backpack today, but according to her best friend's mom (who was in the carpool line yesterday afternoon) Lexi's name was announced on the afternoon announcements...YESTERDAY. Stefan left me a message on my phone since I was in school. When I got home, I had a conversation with Lexi and it went something like this,

Me: Is there something you want to tell me?

Lexi: No. What?

Me: Did you get something at school today?

Lexi (excited): Ice cream!

Me: Did you get anything else?

(silence)

Me: Something to do with a month?

(silence)

Me: Something about Student of the Month?

Lexi: Oh yeah! I forgot!

Me: Why didn't you tell us yesterday?

Lexi: I forgot.

Me: Did you even know?

Lexi: No.

Me: You didn't hear your name on the afternoon announcements?

Lexi: No.


I guess these things don't mean that much to her yet. She has no idea.

Anyway, here is a picture of her certificate signed by the principal in recognition of Lexi's character, leadership and behavior.



Go Lexi!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of Lexi. That's very impressive!