Saturday, October 20, 2007

Lexism of the week

This week, while we were on our way to dance class, Lexi asked me if we could move. I asked her why and she said that she wanted to live some place new and started dreaming of bigger and better things elsewhere. I told her that we were not going to move for a long while but she persisted. This was strange to me, so I asked her why she really wanted to move. She said that she wanted all of us to move except Abby because she doesn't want a little sister anymore. I guess Abby is encroaching a bit too much on Lexi's time, space, and affection. I suppose every older sibling goes through this at some point because let's face it...having a new kid in the house to have to share with kind of stinks and is a huge adjustment. Regardless...tough cookies, Lexi. She's here to stay. Sorry.

UPDATE: On Saturday, we were in the car and Abby reached for Lexi's hand. Lexi grabbed her hand and it was the cutest thing ever. Lexi then said that she "loves having a baby sister." Fickle girl!

No comments: