Sunday, May 11, 2008

It happened

In my last post, it seemed as though a layoff was imminent and it was. Stefan went in that day as I had speculated would happen and was given his walking papers. It sucks. Apparently they didn't close Bowne of Atlanta altogether, they just shut down the manufacturing aspect. This leaves sales and customer service untouched. They will be relocating to a highrise downtown. According to Stefan, they will be hiring 8 people for various jobs in the NEW Bowne one of which he is considering applying for. It may be a long shot because so many others will also be applying, but it would be silly not to give it a try for the sake of maintaining all of his time and benefits.

Anyway, he's kicked SGL Lawn Services into high gear while I spend muchas horas searching job websites and submitting his resume. When he is home, I'm trying to stay on top of housework which includes cooking more. The other day, he worked on lawns while me and Abby played outside for most of the day. When he came home I started dinner while he and Abby watched one of Abby's favorite shows. After I got dinner in the oven, I realized how quiet and still the had been for the last few minutes. This is what I found.

No comments: