Friday, May 30, 2008

Lexi's Dance Recital

Lexi's dance recital was last weekend. We secured a babysitter for Abby so this day could be about Lexi without worrying about Abby in a supposedly quiet theater. That turned out to be a great idea. When we arrived at the theater, I took her to the dressing room to put the finishing touches on her costume. Amazingly her nerves were not going crazy. She was actually excited to go on stage (not mortified like last year). I kept telling her how proud she has already made me and Stefan and how beautiful she looked. Finally, I left her in the dressing room with her teacher and took my seat in the auditorium where Stefan's parents, my parents, and Uncle Faron all joined us. The lights went down and the owner of the studio stumbled through her welcome speech. Then the show began. Lexi's first dance (her ballet number)was slated for the sixth slot. We sat through the first 5 dances and finally she came out. She did great! The second number (her tap) was to be the 9th dance. Again, she did superbly! I couldn't have been prouder. I went and got her from the dressing room and rejoined the group in the audience. Nana and Papaw, Grandma and Grandpa, and Mommy and Daddy all got her flowers which she thought was the greatest thing ever.

Afterward, we took these pictures.



No comments: