Sunday, January 27, 2008

Could it be Time?

Abby has been doing something a bit peculiar lately. She has developed a great dislike for wearing pants and will remove them whenever she likes. But that's not it. When she wets herself she will start to remove her diaper as well. Yesterday she did this three times. Also, whenever I'm in the bathroom she wants to come in and see what I'm doing. Could this mean that she is ready to potty train? Or is it just a phase? I don't know.

I started with Lexi when she was 18 months and I think that was a bit too early. It took her a long time to finally rid herself of pull ups and training panties (this was in part due to a medical condition she had where she could not feel the sensation to go) but I still feel that I started too soon. But in Abby's case, it just seems as though she may be ready at 21 months. I don't know. I'd almost rather change diapers for another 6 months than to deal with the frustration of getting my hopes up with the whole potty training business because you know that as a parent you DO get your hopes up when the training potties come out thinking that your days of changing diapers are numbered.

I guess we'll wait a bit and see how this pans out.

No comments: