Thursday, January 17, 2008

Jack Frost Visits...Briefly

We got a little visit from Jack Frost yesterday. The weather forecasters were calling for a wintry mix with the possibility of snow starting around 4 and it actually happened...at 4. We went out to dinner around 4:45 and unfortunately Lexi was completely and totally unable to behave so she was not able to play in the powder before bedtime. The snow stopped around 9ish and became a slight sleet. I started getting nervous that Lexi would not be able to build her snow doll in the morning because I could see the melting occurring before my eyes. So, I did what any good (and guilty) mom would do and I scooped some snow into a ziplock baggy so she could at least make a snow ball in the morning. I'm glad I did so. Although the local schools are closed for "inclement weather", the snow is nearly gone and all that remains is dreary skies and cold wetness all around.

Of course Kennesaw would not call off school. 10 years ago this was a commuter campus and since then they have been building dorms like crazy. They are now focused on being residential and if it's safe to walk on campus, school will not be canceled. Forget about the professors that have to brave the roads from neighboring counties or us commuters...if the dorm kids can make it, everyone can. I'm not bitter...really...okay darnit, I don't want to go to school. I just want to stay at home curled up on the couch with a blanket, a cup of jo, and a good book. Is that too much to ask?

No comments: