Thursday, October 05, 2006

Lexi's birthday and more

Lexi's Birthday and it's after effects
Current mood: sympathetic

Well, my little miracle turned 5 on Monday. I can't believe how fast time flies. We had a party with friends from the neighborhood, school, and her cousins, Corey and Mikayla at a pottery studio called Earth, Paint and Fire. They had fun and the employees that worked there took on most of the responsibilities where all Stefan and I had to do was take pictures and socialize with parents. I would recommend this place to anyone who has an artistic child.

After the party, my ex-roomie and her husband and two girls, Madison (3) and Carolyn (almost 5 mos), came over for a visit since we don't get to do that too often. Abby and Carolyn are two days apart and boy did they have fun. That is, until Abby decided to have a taste of Carolyn for lunch.


Sunday, we had Grandma, Grandpa, Nana, Papaw, and the Gaglianos over for some lasagna and cake to celebrate. Lexi was so thrilled to once again have the focus on her. Then on Monday (her actual birthday) Stefan, Abby, and myself took cupcakes to school for her to share with her class. Needless to say, we are all birthdayed out her in the Lewitt household.

Yesterday/Tuesday, Lexi got in the car after school with a red mark on her forehead. In retrospect, I realize that it was getting worse and actually formed a welt on her head. This morning, when I woke her up for school, I sat on her right side and she was fussing as though she didn't want to wake up. She was refusing to open her eye and I got pretty angry with her until she said, "They are open!" I turned her so that I could see more than just the right side of her face and saw that her right eye was swollen shut! This was about an hour later when she was able to actually open her eye a bit.


Needless to say, we made an appointment and Stefan took her to the doc. Now she's on a steroid and Benadryl.

No comments: