Friday, October 27, 2006

Random brain turds

Random brain turds
Current mood: sick

So, the kids are feeling better anyway. I, on the other hand, still have thick junk lurking in my sinuses and my energy is completely zapped. At night, I have a hard time going to sleep because I'm either coughing or so stopped up in the nose that I can't fall asleep when that is the only thing my body wants to do.

Stefan has been helping a lot. I've only taken Lexi to school once this week. He's such a champ.

While I've been off from school and layed up a bit, I've been working on blankets for people that I'm behind on. I have one for my neighbor whose son is a month older than Abby, one for the neighbor behind me due in February, and one for the neighbor that had theirs back in August. Well, I finished the first one today.



Today was "story book character dress up day" at Lexi's school. I didn't want her Ariel costume getting destroyed, so I bought another costume (Barbie and the 12 Dancing Princesses) on clearance so if it got snagged or torn, I wouldn't care so much and she still has something nice for the big night. She looked so cute. We did her hair in a bun and she wore a pink turtle neck and leggings underneath to make it warmer. I wish I had a picture, but I honestly felt like I was hit by a Mack truck this morning, so I missed the photo op.

Faron comes in tonight and Lexi is thrilled. She always gets so excited when she knows he's coming. I couldn't figure out why she didn't want to go to bed tonight, then at 10 o'clock it occurred to me that she was waiting up on him to get here. I explained that he was staying the night at Nana and Papaw's and, shoulders slumped, she conceded and marched her tiny butt to bed. Poor thing.

Nana, Papaw, and Faron will hopefully be joining us for the fall festival at Riverstone tomorrow. That's good because I didn't want them to miss out on the trick-or-treating this year and this is almost better! Everyone will have a good time. Lexi most of all.

Here are a couple of pics taken yesterday while messing around. Keep in mind I'm sick and have not a drop of make up on (not that I regularly do my make up anyway).


No comments: