Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Flippity doo dah!

Current mood: cold

I haven't posted anything lately because I've been busy with school and some family drama occurring on my side. There's not much more I can say beside that, but please keep my family in your prayers while we try to work through this muddled mess. It seems that I'm the one most caught in the middle and it has placed a lot on my mind. I may get into more on this later, but I'm too mystified to even try to make sense of it now.

On a brighter note...

Life will not be the same in the Lewitt household. After three months of Abby flipping only from her back to her tummy, she has now figured out how to go from the tummy to the back. It has only taken her a week of flip-flopping before she realized that she could continue in the same direction and actually get somewhere. She's quick, too! You can just see the joy in her face knowing that she is mobile.

Lexi has been enjoying her week off from school. This morning I tried to sneak out of the house to go to school and she jumped out of bed begging me to take her with me. Tonight, when the sun set, she got in the mood to turn all the lights off and tell scary stories by the beam of a flashlight. Her story went something like this:

"Once upon a time (all stories begin this way, Mommy) there was a Mommy and a Daddy who were going on vacation. They left their kids with Grandma and Grandpa AND Nana and Papa (Mommy you're supposed to say "oh no!"). "

I say, "Oh no! What happens next?"

Lexi continues, "Their car stops working and Daddy gets out to fix it (You're supposed to say "oh no!")

I say, "Oh no! What happens next?"

Lexi says, "Dad gets hit in the head by a BAT!"

I say, "A bat?!?! Who hit him with a bat?"

She says, "Not a baseball bat, silly, a animal bat!"

I say, "Oh. What happens next?"

She says, "Mommy comes out with bat spray and saves Daddy! The end."

What's cool to me is that she sees the Mommy as the one doing the rescuing instead of the typical damsel in distress. Maybe there's hope yet for our future generations.

No comments: