Friday, November 03, 2006

I will forever shop AT the Rack

I will forever shop AT the Rack
Current mood: excited

Some people have a goal to be able to shop off the rack. That may be true, but this is about something else. I can safely say that, if I have the choice to, I will forever be loyal to Rack Room Shoes for my footwear needs.

I haven't intended to, but I have been a loyal customer for quite some time. There are three shoe shops in town (Payless, Rack Room, and Famous Footwear) and I realized that on average Rack Room outpriced the competition when it came to the name brand shoes so that is where I would go.

Three months ago, Stefan and I bought shoes there that were buy one get one half off so we each got a pair of New Balance. I'm pretty loyal to New Balance because they hold up well and are one of the only brands that carry wide sizes for women. I've never had a pair wear out. I've always replaced them because they were too dirty or I just felt it was time. Well, I realized two weeks ago that the tongue in my right shoe detached. The only thing holding it in place was the fact that I had a lace going through a loop on the tongue.

I went to Rack Room today because they had a buy one get one half off sale again and I wanted a pair of mules for the winter too. When I went to the cashier to pay, (the same one referred to in a previous post as the one who joked with Lexi during trick-or-treating at Riverstone) I told her about my defective shoes. I showed her the tongue and explained that I wasn't blaiming them because they weren't the ones that stitched them (they were obviously a lemon pair because none of my other New Balance shoes have ever worn out). But, I was trying to see if she would offer up a number or address for New Balance so that I could complain to them. She did not offer such information, but she did offer, however, to...REPLACE my 3 month old shoes!

I couldn't believe it! Without me asking or even expecting anything like this she just offered to replace them. So, now I have three new pairs of shoes for the bargain price of that of 1 1/2 pairs. This girl is the type of person that Clark Howard doesn't think exists - a customer service person who actually enjoys being there to provide service to her customers. Rack Room rocks!!!!!




Okay.....




I have too much time on my hands.

Oh, P.S. Get well wishes go to my father-in-law, Dennis, who is recovering from foot surgery and my niece, Mikayla, who has had a rough couple of weeks first with strep throat and now with pneumonia. Get better soon you two!!

No comments: