Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Did someone say stress?

Current mood: busy

When Lexi was a baby and a toddler, I used to sing a song to her as I tucked her in at night. I would sing it every night and every night she would giggle as I sang it and tucked her in. Recently, she started asking for the "Tuck Song" again. I'm glad that she remembers stuff like this. I didn't realize how much I have actually done stuff like this for both Lexi and Abby. In fact, I made up a song with Abby's name in it. I didn't realize how much I actually sing it until recently. She loves it and it makes her smile every time I sing it no matter what is bothering her at the time. I hope that she remembers it years from now like Lexi remembers the Tuck Song.

So, today was the last official day of classes for the Fall semester of 2006. I'm so relieved but the next few days are going to be absolute chaos. I have been down with a cold for the last couple of days. I switched medicine last night and the new stuff seems to be working much better than the old stuff. All the while I've been trying to do my best to prepare for my Spanish final that is tomorrow. I say try my best because I don't think there is really a way to study for it. The professor is going to give a passage that I have to answer questions on and then I'll have to write a 300 word essay. Whatever.

Friday, I get to do all the prep work for our whirlwind trip to Texas for Stefan's cousin's wedding. Saturday morning, we will fly to Houston, rent a car, and drive the rest of the way to College Station. The wedding is Saturday afternoon. We'll stay the night Saturday night and then do the reverse trip Sunday afternoon. Meanwhile, I need to be studying for my English final which will take place on Tuesday.

Tell me again....why do I put myself through all this?

No comments: