Thursday, December 21, 2006

A Season of Miracles

Current mood: happy

A while ago, the pastor at my church posted on his blog links to other church members' blogs. I clicked on them all just to see if I knew the people, but one really caught my attention. It was the blog of a woman and her husband and their experience with an open adoption. This intrigued me. I became an avid reader. I guess part of the reason I was so enthralled with it is that my oldest sister is adopted and, after two years of trying to conceive our second child, adoption was beginning to creep its way into me and Stefan's conversations.

I read her story. It was heartbreaking to read of their attempt at a previous adoption that fell through and to sense the apprehension in her writing of their second attempt. Well, at the beginning of this month, their son was born in Salt Lake City, Utah five weeks early. He has had a bit of a struggle with being able to feed and the amounts that he was expected to tolerate, but after weeks of his stay in the hospital, they are coming home...just in time for Christmas! That's a double whammy! What a blessing.

In other news, some friends of ours, Dawn and Billy, who have been engaged for quite some time have finally decided to tie the knot. Their wedding will be on Saturday and Stefan and I are both in the wedding party. We are very happy for them. This news is somewhat bittersweet because a medical crisis was at the core of their decision to push forward with it now but we knew that they would get married some day so whats the point of waiting any longer? We pray that everything will work out for these two and that they have a long and happy future together.

This truly is a season of miracles and we are so happy for the Popps and the (soon to be) Rohdes.



No comments: