Monday, March 03, 2008

Am I Seeing Double?

Abby's a little pretender. Actually, let me restate that. Abby loves to mimic others. I have my keys on a lanyard that I wear around my neck when running errands. It definitely makes it easier when you're wrestling two kids in car seats and whatever bags of goodies you're trying to manage. At least with them around my neck, I don't have to dig for them in the bottom of my purse or worry about dropping them somewhere. Whenever she gets the opportunity to hijack my keys she tosses them around her neck and struts around the house pointing her finger at the dogs and telling them to "go, go, go" which they respond to by going in their crates. Then she'll wave and act like she's walking out the door.

Since Lexi started kindergarten, Abby was been keenly aware of the routine in the morning. We get up, have breakfast, watch some TV while I do Lexi's hair, then Lexi puts on her coat and backpack, and we go to the bus stop. The other day after school, Abby stole the opportunity to dress herself in Lexi's coat and boots. She then brought me Lexi's backpack which I put on her back but she fell over under the weight. She was satisfied with the coat and boots and was thrilled when I started calling her Lexi.

Here are some pictures.



No comments: