Monday, March 31, 2008

Brain Droppings

- I have come to the conclusion that Lexi is a warm weather only soccer player. Yesterday in 40 degree temperatures she just couldn't get her feet moving and was in the way more than anything.

- Abby's coming out with new words everyday and that is very entertaining.

- I registered for Summer and Fall semesters. Come Fall I should be kept on watch as I will be attempting 15 credit hours (the most I've done since having Abby is 9) and will be slowly losing my mind over the course of those 16 weeks. I will probably be eligible for commitment to the Insane Asylum at the halfway point.

- I am ready for my trip to NC in 2 weeks. I'll be going to visit my cool ex-neighbor. The girls are going too but Stefan will be hanging behind because of his supposed busy season (that has only required 1 week of overtime thus far). He'll probably use the time to ride the bike. I'm not stupid AND he told me not to check the mileage when I come home. That's rocket science to figure out!

- I'm not believing that Abby will be two in 5.5 weeks.

- Speaking of Abby, she fought a nap so bad yesterday that Stefan had to put her back in the crib about 15-20 times. Finally she passed out on the floor just inside her door.

- Lexi did very well this reporting period at school. She got "AC-accomplished" in everything but two areas which she received "IP-In progress" on. We are very proud.

- Since Lexi sees me preparing for Abby's party in May, she is already putting in present and location requests for her birthday...in October.

- We planted some vegetables in some pots and they were really doing well as long as the weather was nice or we kept them inside, but all of a sudden they got attacked by fruit flies and are not fairing well at all. I always feel badly when we plant things with Lexi and they don't work out. It makes me feel like we let her down.

- Abby is a Daddy's girl through and through. If he's in the room and then leaves for a second, she screams and cries until he comes back. Nothing I can do will console her. This is a frustrating phase.

- Lexi told me she wanted to move again the other day. The last time she said this was because she wanted all of us except Abby to move because Abby was getting on her nerves that day. This time the rationale is that she wants her room to be pink (instead of the deep lilac it is now) and she wants posters on her walls. So we're supposed to relocate for that? I guess we'll be painting this summer.

- Found out that our old neighbors are moving back into the house they've been renting to a really nice family. I couldn't be more underwhelmed. This neighbor has been known in the past to cause a lot of drama and I've been enjoying the peace and quiet while she's been gone.

- I can't wait for this semester to be over. I'm taking classes I really don't enjoy which has just been making the semester seem drawn out.

No comments: