Sunday, January 07, 2007

Big Girls' Night Out

Friday night, Lexi and I ditched Abby with Grandma and went for a big girls night out. We started with a movie, "Happily N'Ever After" by the makers of "Shrek." It was decent if you have a kid and must take them to something on a rainy day. Lexi got a kid pack of popcorn, fruit snacks, and a drink (which she accepted only under great protest). By the end of the movie, she ate and drank every last drop or morsel. I was rather impressed with that and the fact that the movie held her attention enough where she didn't ask to go to the bathroom just as a means of escape (which she has been known to do in the past).

After the movie, I treated Lexi to mexican food at Dos Margaritas. I don't know what it is with this place. Maybe I'm spoiled to Viva Mexico which is right across the street from my house and has fast, friendly service. We ordered and they brought our food. Lexi ordered a cheese quesadilla. When I went to cut it up for her, the cheese on the inside wasn't even melted. I sent it back and they brought a new one a few minutes later. Halfway through her eating that, she had to go to the bathroom so I took her. When we returned, they had cleared our table. I hadn't even received the bill yet and everything was gone. We sat back down and after some confused gazes by our server he finally came over and said, "Is everything okay, lady?" What?!?! I told him what just happened and I never saw him again. Some other waiter took over our station. By the time they brought Lexi her food again, she wasn't hungry. We got it packaged to go and left to pick up Abby.

What a night!

Sunday, two things occurred that brought a little bit of that wet discharge to my eye although I didn't actually have any of it spill over. I mentioned a couple at our church in a previous blog titled "A Season of Miracles" who adopted a son. I was linked to this woman's blog by our pastor who was listing some people (myself included) from church as a way for people to get to know each other a bit better. I clicked on her blog and was captured by her story of adoption and became an avid reader. Well, today I not only met her and her husband, but their precious little man. I was so overcome with joy for them.

The second thing that happened was that a couple from our church who has been married for 50 years renewed their vows during the service today. What an inspiration these two are! Again with the wet discharge, darn it!

No comments: