Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Chock full of nuts

Current mood: indescribable

Well, now that the subject caught your attention...this blog is going to full full of pictures all of which the subjects are nuts. Enjoy!!

I finally finished the remake of the blanket my dog ruined for my neighbor. I delivered it to her as soon as I freed it from the hook because I didn't want another K-9 mishap to happen to this one. She loved it and I don't think it turned out too badly.



The girls had a pretty eventful day today. I'll start with Abby. She turned 8 months!!! But that's not it. She cut her second tooth today which has been trying to make an appearance for a week, but cut the skin today. She also sat up unassisted for 5 minutes in her playpen. This is the first time she has done this with enough longevity that I felt that I didn't need to be right there to keep her from keeling over.




Lexi's playroom has been lacking a vital piece of furniture for awhile. Since she was still having accidents, I didn't feel comfortable getting her anything of value. We finally decided that now is the time. Stefan found a great loveseat for the space. The reason why this particular thing falls under the subject of nuts is that it drove me there putting it together. It took me just as long to tighten the last screw as it did to put the rest of the thing together. Don't get me wrong, it was a quick build and total time was only 45 minutes not to mention the 3 of the neighbors were over playing with Lexi distracting me when I was trying to do that. But half of that was one stinking screw! Without further ado, I present to you the new and improved "Lexi's Lounge."

Look left...



Look right...



Look middle...



And it folds out into a bed...BONUS!!!



Onto Lexi's glasses. This child just has bad luck with glasses. The first pair was great, but they were swallowed by the ocean on our Florida trip. The second pai r was bought in a hurry in between said trip and the beginning of the school year. They were the color Lexi loves...Pink of course! Well, these frames are a nightmare! The are supposed to twist and bend, but they get bent so badly that we have had to take them to get adjusted a couple of times. They lose nose pads all the time and now...they broke so badly that Pearle decided to replace them. But the pink frames were on back order so the guy took it upon himself to order another color. They are kind of a copperish, brownish, yuck of a color but...Lexi liked them so I had to settle for them. I just think that they are too dark for her face. But anyway it doesn't matter if I like them, it's if she does.




On that note, the nuts are done. I hope you enjoyed.

No comments: