Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Our quirky kids

Current mood: cold

Today, Stefan and I went to the mall to get some wardrobe fillers for the girls and myself. Stefan ended up finding a great deal on fleece pullovers from Old Navy. They were knocking an additional 50% off of their orange tagged clearance and he got each for $2.30. He plans on having them embroidered with his company logo. Unfortunately, I didn't find any such deals in the women's department. Go figure. But anyway, I figured I'd pass on the news if any of you that read this need some clothes.

Abby has been pondering a dilemma lately. There is another baby following her every where she goes. It's in the bathroom after baths. It's in the hallway when we come downstairs. It's outside the sliding glass door when she's eating. It even looks back at her in the car. Of course it's her own reflection, but I don't think that she has figured that out yet.

Today, she was wearing her pink hat in the car and was talking to the baby in her "Baby in View" mirror as if to say, "Do you realize how ridiculous you look? How could you let your mom put that on you? I would never let MY mom put something like that on me!"

It kind of reminds me of the song that plays at the beginning of Toy Story, "You've Got a Friend in Me." I think that Abby thinks that this is just a friend that is always around.

Lexi got in trouble last week for getting up and talking to other kids during nap time. I took away her privilege to play with the neighbors after school and told her that when I got a good report from her teacher, that she could play with them again. It didn't bother her much until they came and rang the doorbell for her and I made her tell them why she couldn't play. It only took three school days before she did so well, that she earned the title of "Mystery Napper" - which just means that she followed all the rules. She was so proud when she got in the car and was able to tell us that..it's a title she's been wanting for awhile but has not been able to earn.

Tonight while I was giving Abby a bottle in her room, Lexi was changing into her pajamas. She came into Abby's room, turned around, and mooned me! I was astonished. I asked her who she has seen do this, because I know she hasn't seen any of us do it, and she replied with DJ (the little boy that picks on her). I couldn't believe it so I asked again for clarification and she said no one. I told her that is not a nice thing to do and the next time she does it she'll be grounded again because I'm not sure she understood that it was something bad. Now she knows so we'll see.

We're expecting a "wintry mix" tomorrow. I'm kind of hoping that school will be canceled because I'm just having a hard time still being motivated and getting into the groove again.

No comments: