Sunday, July 08, 2007

A good weekend

With it being the weekend before my birthday, we celebrated a bit early. Stefan took Lexi to her swim lessons Saturday morning and then the two of them went to pick up my gift. On the way to the "gift place" Stefan and Lexi had a conversation that went something like this:

Stefan: Guess what we're going to get Mommy for her birthday?
Lexi: A new oven?
Stefan: No.
Lexi: A new oven mitt?
Stefan: No.
Lexi: Give me a hint.
Stefan: It's something you ride.
Lexi: Is it a horse?
Stefan: No. We don't have room for a horse.
Lexi: We can build it a stable.
Stefan: Where are we going to build a stable?
Lexi: In our backyard.
Stefan: Our backyard isn't big enough.
Lexi: Okay, maybe the front yard.
Stefan: Our front yard isn't big enough.
Lexi: Okay maybe across the street. (We have a huge field across the street from our house)
Stefan: We don't own that property across the street, Lexi.
Lexi: Maybe it's a stick horse.
Stefan: No.

Then they arrived at "the gift place" and Lexi realized that it was a bike! They got me the bike I've been asking for for the last three years. It is a Trek Navigator 2.0 and it is beautimous!!!

Later that day, we took the girls to my parents' house for a sleep over and my mom gave me her gift - a seat for Abby to ride in on the bike that mounts on the bar in front of me. I've never seen anything like it, but it is neat and makes interacting with Abby much easier as I can see what she is doing. I had to adjust the way I pedaled just a litte, but other than that it wasn't as intrusive as you would think. The first time Abby rode in it she held her arms out to the sides with her palms down so she tapped the tops of my legs every time I pedaled. She also let out a cute giggle. She and I will enjoy these gifts especially considering Lexi is now getting fairly good on her bike (with training wheels) and we can go on girl rides while Daddy's at work. Fun times.

That night while the girls played with Grandma and Grandpa, Stefan and I went to the Melting Pot (my favorite restaurant) with Jen and Steve Gagliano. Jen has been a good friend of mine since I was 14 and of course Steve is her husband but he is also my bowling partner on Tuesday nights. After an absolutely sinfully delicious meal we went to The Punchline (a comedy club) to see Billy Gardell. The show was great! The service? Not so much.

Anyway, I think it would be safe to say that I had a great birthday celebration which should make up for the fact that on the actual day I will be in class, at dance lessons with Lexi and off to bowling later that night. In short, the actual day will just be a day filled with the regular day-to-day business where I hardly see Stefan at all and with no room for celebrating. C'est la vie! (Such is life!)

No comments: