Thursday, July 26, 2007

What did papa tomato say to baby tomato as baby was lagging behind?

Ketchup!!! Get it? Catch up! I kill myself.

Anyway, I'm behind on posting some pictures, so I figured I'd do it all in this one post. First of all, here's is a picture of Abby and me on my bike. She likes to ride, but she hates the helmet. She screams every time I try to put it on her, but she squeals with glee whenever we're actually on the move.





Speaking of bikes, I finally got a picture of Stefan on his. (Translation: He finally stopped long enough for me to take a picture)



One morning, Stefan captured this shot of the sleepyheads one morning watching cartoons together on TV. You can tell that Lexi is still very sleepy.




Last Saturday, we had some of our friends, Sam and Angie, come over to play games. We used to do this quite often, but for one reason or another something always got in the way of any concrete plans. There were no falling outs or anything like that, life just got in the way. Anyway, they have a daughter, Sami, that is about 6 months younger than Lexi. At this age months don't make a difference though. Anyway, while we visited with them and played games, Sami and Lexi had a great time playing the basketball game called HORSE, playing house in Lexi's playhouse and various other games created and understood only be the two of them. They had a blast and it was good to see Lexi playing so well for so long with someone her own age.







Tuesday was parent observation day at Lexi's dance school. She has made drastic improvements over the summer and I think it has a lot to do with the teacher. Her new teacher, Dana, seems to really know how to relate instructions better to kids this age than her teacher that she had last year. Lexi just adores her as seen here as she is looking up to Miss Dana during the tap portion of the class.





Here's a video too!!







Finally, last year in Pre-K, Lexi befriended a sweet little girl named Savannah who Lexi calls her best friend. It is so good to know that she made such a strong connection with someone at school. Anyway, at the end of the year program Savannah's mom, Julie, and I exchanged emails (what a sign of the times, huh?) with the purpose of getting the girls together over the summer. At the time, Julie was pregnant and due in three weeks, so we knew that it would probably be after the dust settled from the baby's birth until we would be able to reunite Lexi and Savannah.

Anyway, we finally got the girls together today and it was great. For the most part they played together nicely. We met up at a park nearby and the girls played for almost two hours. Lexi had a couple of bouts of selfishness when she only wanted to play what she wanted to but I think that stemmed from the fact that she was becoming tired with the constant running the two girls were doing. Julie and I decided to move on from the park to McDonald's because it was about lunch time and the girls were excited about that idea. Here's a picture I took as the girls led the way to our cars.



What pals!!!! We also got some good news while during the playdate. I had assumed that since Savannah lives in the same town as my sister and her family, that Savannah would go to the same school as my niece and nephew. Apparently, there is a part of the town that crosses into Cherokee County and Savannah lives in that part. She will be going to Lexi's school next year. Now the odds of her and Lexi being in the same class just went from 0 chance whatsoever to 1/12. How cool is that? I also found out that the boy that picked on Lexi relentlessly last year will not be going to Lexi's school. Darn!! (<-- sarcasm here)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for Lexi that Savannah will be going to her school and that DJ will not.