Thursday, September 27, 2007

All In Baby!

Well, Stefan didn't have to work last night. He took the night off because I couldn't arrange a sitter to cover me yesterday while I was at school. Since I was home by 6, he decided to participate in an All In Texas Hold 'Em Tournament for a local children's charity. There was quite a decent turn out--about 70-100 people depending on who you ask. Well, Stefan worked his way through the ranks and eventually made it to the final table. I knew he played at work every once in awhile but I had no idea he was that good. Well, I am happy to report that he was the overall winner of the tournament. Yippee!!!! He got some good door prizes, but the ultimate winners out of all of this are the kids that benefit from the services provided by the Cherokee Child Advocacy Council--the charity the tournament was for.

Oh, what's funny is one of the prizes he won was the final table (the actual table) that he eventually won at. It was his to take home, but he had to have someone else bring it for him (Thanks Tim!) because Stefan took his motorcycle to the tournament. Ha ha!!!!! They were all making fun of him saying they'd strap it to his back and whatnot. Too funny.

No comments: