Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sunday, sunday...

Today, we went to a different church just to check it out. I’ve been watching the pastor’s blog for awhile and thought that it would be interesting. It is kind of a scaled down smaller version of the church we attended for two years and reminds me of the early days of that church before it became so big. When we were leaving, Lexi asked if we could go somewhere expensive for brunch. After some back-and-forth banter she remained steadfast. She wanted something expensive. Watch out Tiffany & Co. she’s coming for you in the future!

We went to Jocks & Jills for their brunch buffet. As we were getting settled in, we ran into Gary–the lead pastor from the aforementioned “big” church. It was a bit awkward. I kind of felt like we had cheated on him by going to another church if that makes any sense at all. It wasn’t awkward in the sense that I felt when I posted this. It was very friendly and cordial.

Anyway, Lexi got her wish. That brunch was much more expensive than we had planned on, but boy was it yummy!!!!


Tonight, we were having dinner at home and Lexi was sitting on her knees in her seat and squirming like she had ants in her pants.

“Sit on your hieny,” I told her.

“I am.”

“Stop talking back.”

“I’m not.” This was too much for Stefan and I. We saw the irony in her response yet she had not.

“Eat your dinner,” I continued.

”I am.”

I know there is such a thing as a rhetorical question –one that is asked without an expected response –but is there such a thing as a rhetorical statement?

No comments: