Thursday, September 27, 2007

We're officially in Mayberry

Our dishwasher is on the fritz. This stinks for a family of 4 that normally runs 1-2 loads a day. The repairman was supposed to be here sometime yesterday but never showed. I called this morning to check on the status and they told me that the earliest they could get to us is tomorrow. I was not happy but what can you do? So, I had to give in and wash the dishes by hand (Stefan dried). It's funny how much you don't realize you depend on modern conveniences until something like this happens. We were joking at the time that it felt like we were living in the sixties.

It also reminded me of a bumper sticker my mom had on her car when I was Lexi's age. It said, "If God had wanted me to cook and clean I would have been born with stainless steel hands."

Isn't that the truth!

No comments: