Saturday, September 01, 2007

Lexism of the week

Stefan took off from work Thursday and Friday of this week. It's been a nice break for him, I know. I regret, though, that I have become my mother. You see, when I was growing up my dad worked out of town alot and whenever he would return home not only was he returning to us, but he was returning to a "Honey Do List" that my mom had compiled. Unfortunately for Stefan, this has been inherited and, although he doesn't have a tangible list, he was reminded of the many things around the house that need to be done (i.e. repainting a wall in the kitchen, repairing and touching up baseboards, and hanging extra shelves in the girls' closets).

Yesterday he got the stuff at Home Depot to do the closets and got to work on them in the afternoon when Lexi was home from school. Lexi's always a good helper so she was helping Daddy out with the proper measurements. She was stringing the tape measure out as far as it would go and tell Daddy in the ever-so-serious voice, "It's (fill in the blank) minches."

Minches....gotta love it.

No comments: