Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Piddly dribble

Okay, so I noticed after my last post that this (the one I am writing now) would be my 200th post. To be quite honest, I didn't want to waste this milestone on piddly dribble. I wanted it to be something poignant. I've got nothing, so piddly dribble it is.

So Fancy

Lexi has observed that parents can go to her school and have lunch. She asked me when me or Daddy would have lunch with her. I mentioned this to Stefan and he jumped at the opportunity arranging today to be the big day. Now let me break away from this for a moment...

When I wake Lexi in the morning, I'll turn on the bathroom light in the hallway (so she's not bombarded with a room of brightness if I turned her room light on), then I go and sit next to her on her bed and place my hand on her back. She'll usually stir a bit, but when she realizes that I'm trying to wake her, she'll fight the disturbance and try to resume with her peaceful slumber. Then I usually have to resort to tactics of desperation to get her tiny toosh out of bed and this entails telling her something that will happen at school that I know she will be excited about.

...This morning, I went in Lexi's room and no sooner did I put my hand on her back, she jumped out of bed. "Daddy's coming for lunch today!" she exclaimed. She insisted on wearing a dress and being "fancy". I even had to use styling product in her hair because I do so on days when she needs to be her fanciest. It was too cute.


A Little Relief

I mentioned here that I'm a bit overwhelmed. Well, I decided that I need to stop pretending I can do it all (full-time school, full-time mom (soccer and dance), gym, etc.) I've been in a funk the last week and haven't been able to pinpoint why...until yesterday. I was sitting in my English class and I looked at the clock it was 4:20 and I knew that I only had 40 more minutes until the class from H---...er, Spanish. I started getting a tension headache that ended up getting much worse while I was in Spanish and continued until about midnight.

Something had to give and I decided after yesterday that Spanish would be it. I officially dropped the class today. I have not dropped a class this far in the semester since my first stint with school 9 years ago. It was a humbling and somewhat disappointing thing for me, but I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I think it was the right choice.

No comments: