Thursday, February 01, 2007

Lexi's word of the day

Current mood: amused

In true Atlanta fashion, the schools closed for the threat of winter weather which means that Lexi was home from school today. Kennesaw, on the other hand, did not close, but I would not have braved the roads as early as was necessary for me to make my first class so I stayed home too. Whilst I was checking out the closures on TV this morning, Lexi woke up. I explained to her that there was no school today and that, if she wanted to, she could go back to sleep - which she did.

I guess later, Stefan got up with Abby and fixed breakfast for Lexi and they had a conversation in which he explained what the word "canceled" means. So, this afternoon Lexi and I are in the living room while Abby was taking a nap and the breaker for the kitchen lights tripped. I told Lexi to go try to turn on the light and nothing happened. Her response?

"I guess the lights are canceled, too."

Gotta love it.

No comments: