Saturday, February 24, 2007

Lexism #2 (belated and out of order)

It has been brought to my attention that Lexism #2 somehow did not get posted after it was written and is now lost forever. For the life of me, I cannot remember what it was even about. So to satisfy the anonymous person mentioned in my previous post, I now give you the delayed Lexism #2.

While we were away in Pigeon Forge, Lexi stayed with Nana and Papa. Little did she realize that this also included Uncle Faron since he is officially living with his parents until he closes on his house next Tuesday. Uncle Faron never comes empty handed and this time he came bringing a puppet stage as a late Hanukkah present. Together, Lexi and Faron made many puppets using brown paper bags.

When we went to pick up the girls, Lexi and Faron put on a puppet show. Faron had a dog puppet (that oddly resembled Lou) and Lexi had a raccoon puppet. Now, here's a little bit of necessary background info; when Lexi pretends to be talking for dolls or stuffed animals in pretend play, she talks in a high voice and out of the side of her mouth like a ventriloquist. It is very difficult to understand her when she does this. When she and Faron were putting on the show, they had a few exchanges with the normal how-do-you-do's in which I suspect Faron was for the most part guessing what Lexi was squeaking out.

Then Lexi turned her raccoon to face Faron's dog and said, "I can't understand you."

"Tell me about it," Faron answered.

No comments: