Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Moving Day

Current mood: tired

Today, Stefan's brother, Faron, closed and moved into his new home in Georgia. I stood in for Stefan who was supposed to help with the actual moving but who had to work late last night. I'll tell you what. After waking up at 6:30, getting Lexi ready for school and taking her there, sitting through two classes (one of which mentally broke me down to a level that I haven't been in awhile), and helping load and unload one of these trucks, bringing the kiddies home and getting them ready for bed 13 hours after my day began...I am EXHAUSTED. I didn't mind helping and I hope that he didn't get too frustrated with me and my weak (although stronger than before I joined this place ) arms.

Lexi was excited to see that he is officially a Georgia resident. When he showed her which room would be hers for sleepovers, she started setting up house. She placed her favorite book on the night table and her stuffed puppy dog on the dresser. She did her best to help, but let's be frank she is 5 and her attention span/tolerance for the whole ordeal was pretty short. She gave him his first house warming gift - a platter with her hand print and Abby's foot prints that said "Welcome Home Uncle Faron February 2007" along the edge. I'll have to do another for our house because I liked how it turned out so much. When we left, she asked him if she could come for a sleepover tomorrow. It was sooooo cute.

To explain the mentally draining aspect previously mentioned when I spoke of school, I turned in a composition in Spanish last Thursday. When the teacher returned them today, the teacher said that most of the class got Cs or Fs. My heart sank. When I got mine back, it was a C. The teacher then said that anyone with less than a B, would have to write a new composition of 425 words due Thursday and that he would average the two grades. I need more time than that to write a brand spanking new composition, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

Tomorrow, I'll get me butt kicked by my Wellness Coach this place. After what I did today and what I'm sure to do there tomorrow, I'm sure I'll be sore this time tomorrow. Such is life!

I guess I should start on my composition now. Any ideas on how to write a 425 essay on grammar? Talk about your dry subject matter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll be very tired for a while. Lexi was so cute. I asked her how many rooms she has. She mentioned her room at home, Nana and Papaw's house, Uncle Faron's House and Grandma and Gandpa's house. I asked her which one she liked the best and she said her own house. "There's no place like home." She was adorable.

Kaiti, I read your blog frequently and enjoy getting your news.