Monday, February 12, 2007

Lexism of the week

Current mood: indescribable

I think I'm going to start something new on my little space on the world wide web. I'm going to start a weekly posting of Lexisms because they are so frequent lately. So today is my first post of said Lexisms. This story took place on Sunday.

Sunday afternoon I asked Stefan if it would be okay if I went to the gym (normally I don't go on the weekend but I felt the need for an extra visit). He said it would be fine and that he would just take the girls to his parents' house while I was gone. Abby was sleeping, so I killed some time so that we could leave at the same time to have the timing right. Already dressed to go in my gym clothes and a zip front hooded sweatshirt, I sat with Lexi at the kitchen table and painted her fingernails and toenails. Here comes the Lexism...

Lexi asked me, "Mommy, do you have another baby in your tummy?"

Taken off guard, I responded, "No Lexi, why would you ask such a thing?"

"Because your tummy is so big," she replied with much emphasis on the word "big".

Stefan fell out in hysterics. Meanwhile, I was mortified. I guess it's a good thing I already planned on going to the gym.

No comments: