Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A big day for Abby

Current mood: thrilled and proud

Today, Abby had a first... she's beginning to get the confidence to let go of furniture and stumble. At first it was just one step. Five minutes later it was two. Another five minutes later and it was three. That's as far as we got because she caught onto my sneaky ways of making her reach for something she wanted while I continued to put it even further out of reach with every step she took. She's too smart and thus our little walking lesson ended with three steps. Tomorrow she'll probably be running circles around me.

Sadly, I don't have pictures of the stumbles because I couldn't do that and bait her with items at the same time. But maybe one day when Stefan is home we'll get some shots or a video. Anyway, I'm so thrilled for her. I know that she's been frustrated with the limitations of not being able to be fully mobile. Now I think her demeanor will change for the better (not that she was unbearable to begin with). I just think she'll be much happier with her newfound freedom. And if she's happier, we'll all follow her lead!::beam::

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We thought Abby looked ready to walk when we saw her Tuesday evening. She took many steps while holding Uncle Faron's finger. Before you know it, she'll be running around the house with Lexi.