Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Once upon a time...

Current mood: pensive

I had a life. Seriously. Before school, before kids I actually did stuff. I actually shopped (although I didn't like it much) for variety in my wardrobe. I had things to do in the evening besides watch reality TV and do homework. I was able to harvest new friendships and nurture existing ones. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change a thing in my life right now because I am unbelievably blessed with a great family and a network of friends that truly support me in everything.

But....(and we all knew this was coming) I realized that things changed greatly when I starved so much for "human interaction" that not only do I watch reality shows but I read the blogs of the contestants. I'm thoroughly entertained with watching the clothes tumble in my new washer and dryer. I consider a trip to the grocery store a "get away" from all the hustle and bustle around the house.

Why is all this coming out? This morning I got a little nostalgic and pulled out the old home videos of when Lexi was Abby's age. I relived her first steps, her first trip to the park, and splashing in her kiddie pool in our backyard her first summer. It made me realize how different life is now than it was even then. Different in a good way in many aspects but what I would have considered pathetic years ago.

No comments: