Saturday, June 09, 2007

Lexism

You would think that with Lexi being out of school and spending more time with her I would have a plethora of events to chose from for my Lexisms. This is not true. In fact, I didn't post one last week due to no material and today I'm posting a day late. This wasn't necessarily funny though...just peculiar.

Yesterday, we as a family went out for lunch together. Lexi ordered a cheeseburger plain but when she got it, she didn't want it. This has been a major pet peeve of mine lately - her asking for something to eat and then wasting it. She gave excuse after excuse as to why she wouldn't eat it. None of the excuses were believable. We decided that she must eat half or suffer some consequences/loss of priveleges. She still did not eat. We were running low on time before Stefan had to leave for work so we decided to package it up and bring it home to continue the saga here. Once home, I put the half of the cheeseburger on a plate and...people, I kid you not...it took her until 4:15 to eat it. What a stubborn kid.

You know when she was born 15 weeks early she really had to fight to live. I used to admire her stubborn will to survive. In fact, I used to tell people something along the lines of "all this stubborness is great now, but I know it will come back to bite me later."

We had a nibble later. Bites will come in later when she's a teenager.

No comments: