Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Fun at the Bowlerama

Happy Belated Father's Day!!!!

I'm so far behind again. To all you father's out there, I hope that you had a good day and that you were able to spend quality time with your kiddos. We didn't do a whole lot. We took Lexi bowling in the morning after breakfast. She loves to bowl. She actually did rather well. She got an 80 and an 81. That's pretty decent. You can tell, though, that two games is her max. She stops trying to roll the ball like a normal person, but starts hiking the ball up onto her left shoulder, walking up to the foul line, and literally dropping the ball at her feet. At our local bowling alley, they have bumpers like many bowling alleys do. But their bumpers are like little rails or fences that automatically go up and down according to how you program them. It's pretty cool. Anyway, three times Lexi got her ball wedged on the gutter side of the fence because of her ball-dropping shenanigans.

After bowling, we hung out at home for a bit and then went to Faron's house for a Bar-B-Q. Quite fun. Barbara and Dennis had just arrived back from Hawaii so they brought lots of souvenirs and pictures to share.

In the meantime, I've been working on a 6 problem homework assignment for over a week and I'm only halfway done. It's due tomorrow and I'm crossing my fingers that it gets done. Yesterday, I thought God was giving me a sign to give up on summer semester because I got a letter from the Bursar's office saying that my fees and tuition have not been paid and that my schedule would be canceled if I didn't pay by Thursday. Come to find out, Hope (my scholaraship) did not pay which is odd. Come to find out, my "Intent to Enroll" form for Summer semester that I filed electronically did not go through. So now I had to fork out the dough and hope that Hope reimburses me. I hope that wasn't too confusing.

Yesterday was so busy, but I liked it. I woke up with this funny thing going on with my ear and throat (probably an ear infection that's draining into my throat) so I didn't feel up to going to the gym. I went to school and that was fine. Then I came home and all the chaos began. I had to pack the girls for a sleepover, give them baths so that I wasn't sending dirty kids somewhere for a sleepover, get my stuff ready for bowling, and get Lexi ready for dance class. I guess it was a bit too much to ask that Lexi assist in getting her own things together. When we got to dance class I realized that she was wearing two different shoes - one sneaker, and one of these. I had to laugh. When Barbara and Dennis met me at the studio to pick up the girls, I warned them of Lexi's foot forward fashion sense and told them I hoped they didn't plan on taking her out in public. When Lexi's class was over and she put her mismatched pair back on, I realized that she literally had two left feet! Silly girl. Nana mentioned they were probably going to take her shoe shopping.

From there, I picked up my friend/bowling partner and we headed out to Roswell. Although that league is not a serious league, it is full of fun people that just want to have a good time. Just the crowd I need. No one (except a couple) that know what I used to be capable of so I don't have those annoying pity eyes being flashed at me that just make you want to crawl under a rock and not want to come out. I'll be honest, there was a lot of trash talking that would have got on my nerves years ago, but last night it was all in good fun. This'll be fun while it lasts.

I had big plans to go to the gym this morning but as you can see that didn't pan out. The thing I mentioned earlier about my ear and throat. Now instead of one side of my throat being affected, my entire throat is raw. I hate being sick. I don't feel sick other than this throat thing and the only thing that feels good on it is hot stuff like hot tea and tomato soup. Oh well, off to finish my homework whilst my throat handicaps my concentration.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry, we didn't go shoe shopping. It just seemed easier to go straight home. We knew Lexi would surely find the matching shoes in her room.