Friday, July 18, 2008

Lexism of the week

While I was moving furniture on Wednesday, the girls were all over the place. At one point Abby went downstairs to retrieve her blankie and was on her way up when I spotted her (me at the the top of the stairs) lose her balance and start somersaulting backwards down the stairs. There was nothing I could do but scream and I did. She tumbled a total of 1.5 - 2 times and landed on the hardwoods downstairs. I had already ran down and was there within a fraction of a second for when the screams began. The whole experience was so gut wrenching. Lexi came down to see what was going on. I explained it to her and she immediately jumped into action trying to make things better. She put one hand on each of Abby's shoulders, looked her straight in the eye and asked, "Abby, is the floor okay?"

I had to laugh. Whenever Lexi gets hurt from any of her clutzy ordeals Stefan always tries to make a joke of it. If she runs into something, he'll ask if the "something" is okay. That's where she got her coping strategy from, but it was funny to see her be so quick-witted and apply it to Abby's situation. I think the 3 of us needed a laugh...and that certainly helped.

No comments: