Saturday, July 26, 2008

Lexism of the week

Lexi claims that she doesn't like steak or pork chops. In reality, I believe this is solely due to the fact that these meats are tougher to chew. The other night Stefan grilled a London Broil steak and announced that he wasn't fixing anything else. Lexi came over to the kitchen, took one look at the steak, and asked what it was. Quickly I replied, "Hamburger" hoping that she wouldn't request a bun. She didn't and we cut the steak into bite-sized pieces and gave it to her with ::gulp:: ketchup just to drive the point home that it was, in fact, hamburger. She ate it willingly and we'd ask her how it was. She would declare that it was the best hamburger she EVER had.

Finally, after the last bit was ingested, I asked her once again how her hamburger was. Before she could answer Stefan asked, "That was hamburger?" Lexi looked at me rather perplexed as if looking for validation in her assumption. I broke the news to her that it was steak and she sank back into the couch embarrassed. I explained that hamburger and steak were both considered beef and that she should try more things.

So now we know, Lexi DOES like steak after all!

No comments: