Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Poor, poor blog

Dear blog,

Oh how I've neglected you! I've been so busy with normal daily activities that I've pushed you out of the loop. There's a lot of drama at school. I have two very poor teachers -- one who's teaching at the university level for the first time (and, quite frankly it shows) and the other who refuses to see the flaw in having people turn in homework as groups. In my class with group homework, there are only two of us out of a group of four that are actually doing the work, yet the others get full credit for the work we've done. The teacher won't let the group split, because she doesn't want other groups to follow suit. I suspect that she doesn't want the extra grading. How lazy! Overall, this semester has been a huge let down. I was hoping to relax before my crazy Fall schedule takes effect, but it's been more stress than it's worth. Thankfully, there is only a week left plus finals.

Since my last post, we celebrated the 4th of July in traditional fashion. We took the girls up to the fireworks at Riverstone. When the fireworks actually began, Abby was terrified of them, though. So, she and Stefan returned to the car where she promptly fell asleep in her car seat. 9:30 is just too late for her. Meanwhile, I sat with Lexi and watched the show, but she wanted to go home after only 5-10 minutes explaining that she was homesick. We'd only been away from the house for a couple hours! We toughed it out for most of it and we would've stayed for the whole thing, but we were fooled by the show in that they shot off what looked like the finale about 2/3 of the way through the actual show. Knowing the traffic problems we've faced in the past, we hightailed it out of there during the "finale" only to continue to see bombs bursting in air.

Anyway, that's about it in a nutshell...oh yeah, I turn 30 on Thursday. No big plans. Probably just some dinner and karaoke or pool on Friday.

Kaiti

No comments: