Friday, July 18, 2008

Real Southern Women Grow Vegetables

I guess we're Southern. Months ago, before the weather became so balmy we planted some seeds for squash, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and zucchini. I was worried about these when we planted them, because we don't do well with plants and Lexi always gets her hopes up for the final product when planting seeds. We've already let her down with some flowers in the past, so I was sure that the vegetable experiment would have a similar outcome. Well, I was wrong. We were able to pick and use our first vegetable, a squash. Lexi was thrilled. We have many cucumbers that are growing, one lonely tomato we named "Mater", and no zucchini. Overall, I'd say we've done fairly well though. I mean hey, we picked a squash!




P.S. Lexi decided she doesn't like squash.

No comments: